A Texas court has granted the man’s request to have his bail reduced from $2 million to $100,000 for the alleged murder of Migos rapper Takeoff.
After reviewing the case documents, the suspect, 33-year-old Patrick Xavier Clark, told the court through his attorney Carl Moore that he cannot afford the $2 million bail and believes he can raise $100,000 through collaboration with a bail bondsman.
According to the outlet, Clark stated to the court that he would live with his parents, abide by any “no-contact” orders, wear a GPS monitor, and observe all curfews and related rules established by the court.
Takeoff, a rapper for the Migos, asked a Texas court to lower his bail from $2 million to $100,000 on Monday.
In addition, he stated that he would surrender his passport in connection with the case, which centers on the 28-year-old rapper’s slaying on November 1 outside of a Houston bowling alley.
The power source recently revealed that Clark – who was mentioned a the court award him an amount of $5,000 so he can employ a confidential specialist to help with his lawful guard.
Clark, who was arrested on December 1 and charged with murdering the rapper, told the court that his family had spent all of their savings on hiring a lawyer and that he needed a private investigator who could “properly investigate [Clark’s] case and to prepare effectively for trial.”
Following Clark’s arrest, authorities stated that he would be placed under house arrest if he paid his bail; prohibited from possessing any deadly or firearms; prohibited from using any controlled substance or marijuana without a prescription; and forbidden from contacting people, such as the people who survived Takeoff and boxer Shakur Stevenson, who was present at the time of the fatal shooting.
According to NBC News, the court granted the request and directed the Harris County Sheriff’s Office to speak with the suspect who was in custody and bring a laptop, printer, and audio recording device.
Officials stated that Takeoff, whose real name is Kirshnik Khari Ball, died from “gunshot wounds of head and torso into arm” following a private party at 810 Billiards & Bowling. After a fight over a dice game, shots were fired near the establishment’s entrance.
Sgt. of the Houston Police Department Takeoff, according to Michael Burrow, was “an innocent bystander” in the incident and not a participant in the game or the confrontation.
The late musical artist was “definitely [in the] wrong place at the wrong time,” according to Houston Police Chief Troy Finner, and there is “no evidence whatsoever to say anything else.”
Finner stated that a man by the name of Cameron Joshua had also been taken into custody in connection with a charge of unlawfully carrying a weapon when announcing Clark’s arrest earlier this month.
Joshua, according to Finner, He was at the scene and had a weapon in his possession. He is a criminal.
Wednesday is set as the date for the next hearing in the Clark case.