Skip to content Skip to footer

‘Wike Destroyed My Property Worth Billions, Because I am An Igbo Man’ – Linus Ukachukwu

Multi-billion naira property sitting on 215 hectares of land located at Asokoro/Kugbo axis of the FCT Abuja has been demolished by the Federal Capital Territory Authority on the order of Barr. Nyesom  Wike, minister of the Federal Capital Territory, on the early hours of Wednesday.

The property was being developed by an Anambara billionaire Prince Nicholas Ukachukwu and brother, Linus. According to chief Linus Ukachukwu.

They have sunk billions of naira into the project and that the buildings were at lintel level before the demolition. Also, the demolition was carried out without any court order, despite pending valid two court orders from separate courts restraining the minister and the FCT administration from tampering with the property. The said property has the registration number validly approved by the FCT authorities for development.

Court processes showed that the demolition was against the subsisting judgments of courts and valid order of Interim Injunction by Justice Eleojo Enenche of the FCT High Court 44, Wuse Zone 2, issued on the 22nd of March, 2024 and served on the Minister, FCDA, the Deed Registrar of the FCDA, the Director of Urban and Regional Planning, security agencies and many others.  The court revealed that the developer had put the properties on the afore-mentioned land after securing the defendants’ approval upon payments of the necessary fees pending the determination of the motion on notice for interlocutory injunction.

 Managing Director of the company developing the estate, Dr. Barr Chukwudubem Ezekwelu said, it was worrisome that the Minister would order the FCDA to demolish the property even when the Motion on Notice fixed for hearing on 9th April 2024, is yet to be heard.

Ezekwelu also revealed that the owner of the property Praco International Limited, had earlier on the 7th of July, 2023, received the certificate for the Restoration of the Right of Occupancy for the land from the then FCT Minister. In spite of all these certifications, Ezekwelu revealed that the FCDA officials invaded the property on Wednesday around 6am and continued demolishing the properties till afternoon when they suddenly pulled out. 

He also said, “Mr President needs to intervene urgently in this matter to restore the confidence of Nigerians and even expatriates in investing in the country.

“It is worrisome that the Minister will by this act of high-handedness, be making a mess of Mr President’s call to well-meaning Nigerians to invest in the country.

“It also beckon on all well-meaning Nigerians, the Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, and the National Judicial Council, NJC, to call Barr Nyesom Wike and other co-perpetrators of this illegality to order to avoid driving away both local foreign investors from the Nigerian economy” Ezekwelu expressed.”

‘FCT minister, Wike ordered demolition of my estate after Shouting ‘how can all these land be given To Igboman’  Linus Ukachukwu said.

Developer of properties at the multi-billion Naira estate has appealed to President Bola Tinubu to urgently intervene in the unlawful demolition of their property.

Show CommentsClose Comments

Leave a comment