It is really a painful day for the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko (AAUA) Ondo state, as a student was found dead in his room in the university town. The student who is identified as Gbenga Moses and popularly known as Pablo recently graduated from the Department of Philosophy, Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko (AAUA) and was waiting for his call-up letter from the National Youths Service Corp (NYSC) before the heavy misfortune happened.
It was discovered that the deceased and his girlfriend were rushed to hospital after eating a meal from an undisclosed restaurant in Akungba. According a source, he young man and his girlfriend were treated at Aduloju Hospital in Iwaro and discharged but the young man died later. Another source said the deceased and his girlfriend were treated for typhoid but said Gbenga was found dead inside his room after neighbours broke into his room when he was not seen the next day.
A source, who pleaded anonymity, informed that Gbenga was not the first person to complain about food poisoning, adding that a few weeks ago, it took God’s intervention to save a student who ate poison in an undisclosed restaurant.