Skip to content Skip to footer

Fire Razes Police Plaza In Nasarawa

This morning, a fire at the POWA Plaza in Lafia destroyed property worth millions of naira.

According to information obtained by Vanguard, the Tuesday morning fire was caused by an electrical spark in one of the stores.

Before the officials of the Nasarawa State Fire Service arrived, the majority of the Nigeria Police’s belongings in the building had already been destroyed.

According to eyewitness accounts, the fire started at about 1 am on Tuesday and destroyed homes worth millions of naira.

“They still could not completely put out the fire until 7 am this morning when they sent some more firefighters to the place.

“More than seven shops were affected. A tailoring shop, a boutique, a solar shop, and other big businesses were burnt to ashes.

“I wonder how the business owners will survive after these huge losses that they have encountered. The government should see how to help them out of the situation.”

Show CommentsClose Comments

Leave a comment